60Plus Advocacy Initiative is a non-profit non-religious, non-partisan and non-governmental organisation working in partnership with some local and international bodies to advocate for social justice and quality living for the elderly in Nigeria. We promote the collective interest of senior citizens rights in Nigeria.
We are situated at Suite 33, West Pavilion TBS Complex, Onikan, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Advocating for the provision of safety nets such as decent housing n quality and affordable healthcare and cheap transportation for the comfort happiness and social wellbeing of senior citizens
- Creating public awareness on the need to recognize the rights of older persons to better and dignified livelihood
- Advocating for the establishment of geriatrics units in all health facilities across the country and the study of gerontology in all tertiary institutions.
- Campaigning against senior citizens exclusion abuse and discrimination on the grounds of age at various for a
- Advocating for improved and timely payment of pensions to pensionable senior citizens
- Developing suitable programmes on current social and economic issues that affect the lives of senior citizens
- Campaigning as well as advocating the revival of the core family values of care, love and veneration for the elderly by members of their extended families at large
- Advocating for the reintroduction and study of civic education as it affects older person in the curriculum of primary and secondary schools across the country
- Organizing sensitization programs such as seminars and workshops on the gerontology and the challenges facing the elderly in Nigerian environment
- Ensuring older people’s right to health is met through a health system fit for the purpose
- Advocating for improved and timely payment of